NAIOP – Fred Award
In the late 1800’s, the Union Mills Hosiery factory was one of the largest employers in Frederick, with more than 300 employees, according to city and state historical documents. After the mill closed, and a series of short term tenants, the property sat vacant for 12 years until Douglas Development decided to move forward with a ground-up historic renovation and modernization of the building. The work included new foundations, reframing of floors and roof structure, new windows and doors and the construction of a new three story, 5,700 SF main entrance, elevator lobby and public restrooms. The finished project has become a hallmark development for the East end of the Carroll Creek Linear Path, with complimentary projects now in the planning.